Change from temp. to spouse of long term in result of marriage


The person who is married with permanent resident during his/her temporary visit can apply for change visa to spouse of permanent resident. However, the applicant must have the special reason to change the visa, because application for certificate of eligibility is proper way to obtain the visa.

Requirements and points

Person who fulfills ALL the following:

1. Being in a continuous lawful marriage with a permanent resident

*De facto marriage is not included

2. Living together and cooperating with spouse

*The marriage must fit the generally accepted concept of married lifestyle in that the relationship must be formal (lawful), and the couple should be substantially living together, cooperating and mutually aiding each other


Necessary Documents

Since the necessary documents vary from case to case, please inquire our office.

Popular contents