• 2021年04月06日

    Special Permission to Stay

    Special permission to stay are for those who have overstayed or have a chance to be deported because of a criminal case, but may have a special reason to stay. In most cases, overstays who marry a Japanese national or Permanent Resident surrender after marriage and ask for special permission to stay. It is important …

  • 2014年12月30日

    Married during overstaying; Clear the status of overstaying

    If a person who is overstaying in Japan would like to clear that status, he/she has to go to  local immigration bureau for special permission to stay in Japan. It is much likely to obtain special permission to go immigration than to apply for it after detention in immigration bureau.   About application Technically speaking, …